The AIM of this department is to implement the actions in oder to protect and promote Public Helath at the Hospital.
ACTIVITIES of the department are:
- Sampling food and drink for microbiological and chemical control.
- The hygenic control of water supply and sanitation.
- The management of medical waste and implementaion of internal code managementof dangerous medical waste.
- The management of wasre recycling programmes (paper,aluminum, plastic,batteries, etc.)
- The hygenic control of all Hospital.
- The health education of personnel, aiming laso at their behavioural change.
- Participates in the Committe of control of hospital infections as well as the health and safety of employees.
- Making sure that all food handling personnel has done the appropiate axaminations.
- The implementation of of health and safety rules for employees.
- The co-ordination and supervising of pest control and disinfection.
- Partcipation in committees of the Hospital on issues of Public Health.
- Addresses and deals hugenic problems at the hoppital
- Co-operation with central health services.
- Participation at the organization and execution of programmes dealing with emergency public health problems.
- The detection and identification of hydenic Hospital problems and suggestion how to solve them.
The department's public health supervisor is Ms Angela Dimitrouli.
Building 4th, 2nd floor