Brief History of the Hospital
The Hospital "Asklipio Voula" was launched in 1921 under the Greek Red Cross,
as a sanatorium for the treatment of tuberculosis of bones,
joints and rickets, which then appealed especially to children.
Open since its inception in Voula a pine farm 104 acres.
Most Nursing stands erected with donations from
benefactorsand charity towards the E.E.S
Since 1948 it has evolved into a General Orthopedic Hospital
covering orthopedic surgery and traumatology. Gradually
developed other specialties such as General Surgery,
Neurosurgery, Pathology, Cardiology, Physical Medicine &
Rehabilitation workshops and clinics covering the nursing needs.
In 1985 the P.D.594/85's Hospital HRC "Asklipio Voula" becomes
a public entity and fits into the National Health Service (NHS)
With N.1821/6-12-88 ratified the Convention 28/5/85 signed
with the Ministry of Health and Welfare and the HRC
and falls in hospital use of all buildings and other facilities
and equipment of any kind as long as it exists as a public entity's Hospital
integrated into the NHS, and ownership remains with the ECA.